Friday, February 2, 2007

Non-Publishable Ramblings Part II

The call of life seems so simple...to live for You, share You and portray You in all aspects of life. So easily things get led astray and blinded by the 'mountains' of life. Selfishness so easily invades the heart and life becomes about us, instead of being about You. Everything about You should truly be satisfying, comforting, protecting and enduring enough, in all circumstances, whether good or bad, but for me, it's not always black and white. Does that mean I'm blasphemous and disobedient to You, the call You've place on my life and to who You truly are? I guess we'll discuss that down the road sometime. I know at the end of the day, I do truly want to do what's the best for all involved, but especially in terms of You.

I find no hope within to call my own
For I am frail of heart, my strength is gone
But deep within my soul is rising up a song
Here in the comfort of the faithful one.

I walk a narrow road through valleys deep
In search of higher ground, on mountains steep
And though with feet unsure, I still keep pressing on.
For I am guided by the faithful one.

(Faithful One by Selah)

I'm not perfect, never will be. I should be out in the world more, serving those around me more, simply living life socially and all other aspects more. But I don't and that brings me down. People don't understand it and a lot of times don't understand me. I sometimes find myself in the predicament of not knowing how to live life and relate to the people around me effectively and full full circle, then feeling the cloud of failure, inadequacy, inferiority and all that other crap which climbs aboard.

Faithful, faithful to the end
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

And when the day is dawned and when the race is run
I will bow down before God's only Son
And I will life my hands in praise for all you've done
And I will worship you, my faithful one.
(Faithful One by Selah)


The marvel of Your faithfulness...even when we don't show an ounce of it, You never leave our sides. You are a true and precious friend...You head all, are there no matter what the hour and stand by even when no one else chooses to. The time will come when we do stand before you...to see that day...to kneel before You with uplifted hands and endless praise...that will truly be the sweetest worship session we ever enter into.

Why you prompt these ramblings sometimes, I don't know, especially when the publish button will most likely never be hit on this one. Doesn't exactly scream interesting thread, does it? But to You, it's exactly the thread I was supposed to write. I guess there's something to take away and possibly a post to birth as well. I guess the art of simply clearing my head of the non-essential and potentially harmful fog needs to happen, wherever the words might take form.

Your love endures forever...You are timeless and priceless...ever-changing and at the same time never changing. Always there, present and ready to jump into action...to love, comfort, strengthen, reprimand, heal, etc. Yeah, that's a good thread to leave in my head tonight.........

No comments: