Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Attitudes

My attitude as I begin a task will affect its outcome more than anything else.

My attitude toward others determines their attitude toward me.

My attidue is the major difference between success and failure.

My attitude can turn my problems into blessings.

My attitude can give me an uncommon perspective on life.

My attitude is my best friend or my worst enemy.

My attitude, not my achievements, will give me happiness.

My attitude will change when I choose to change it.

My attitude needs continual adjustments.

My attitude is contagious.


~Skip Ross


This fell into my hands last winter. It yelled volumes at me as I struggled to find balance and a positive mindset. There's that saying that you're seeing the world through rose coloured glasses...well it seemed for me that I was seeing it through darkened and negative glasses.

For me, my attitude is definitely all the above things. If I come in with a positive attitude, it doesn't matter whether or not I am sick or had the worse day, I find a way to get through things and achieve all that's supposed to be achieved. But then there are those days where I walk into things defeated and essentially fail at what I'm attempting, because I can't see past the defeat in my heart.

As the continued trek towards balance and peacefulness in my life happens, I am becoming more mindful of my mindset and my attitude. I am beginning to check my attitude daily, hourly and sometimes every moment, if feels necessary to do so. The realization is, that this is probably the biggest key to obtaining the balance and peacefulness that I am striving so strongly to obtain in my life.

No comments: